View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 05:39 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Marshur,

In your previous posts you said you were told to have a deep scaling and you didn't want to do that due to the fear of it being painful. Anytime a deep scaling is recommended there is some degree of gum disease going on. Did you have that treatment done or did fear win out? Did you just switch to a new dentist to have the bridge removed because the other dentist would not do it?

I believe I mentioned in a previous post that the pocket on #4 would most likely not be covered by the bridge and you would still experience pain in that area. Why was tooth #2 removed? What does your new dentist say about the pocketing around #4? Has he checked the health of your gums?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshur View Post
Well, I went to a different dentist and he cut the permanent bridge off (2100.00 down the drain) and my pain was still there, so I asked him to pull tooth number 2 because it was in pain. We think it had a hairline fracture.

Anyway, that very annoying pain is still there! It is at the gums right beside tooth number 4. I was told there is a 5mm pocket there. That is where my pain is coming from. It is like an exposed nerve in that hole/pocket. I have been in this pain for almost two years now and dentist can not figure out what the problem is. I am 50 years old and I now feel like I am 80 because of this!

Is it possible that a Periodontal Pocket was formed when tooth number 3 was pulled? I have no other pockets or gum problems except right there.

What can I tell the dentist to look for to help fix this problem? Please help me! I can't hardly live like this anymore.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote