View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 06:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs down

i was just getting started on these pt people. the week since my dads burial i had gotten worse every day, no matter what i did. i had a "care conference" on the following friday which was laughable, they were saying i was doing much better and would be going home on the 25th.my neuro was on vacation but his office said to go the er for ivsm on the 24th once i got there, it took several hours to get the ivsm, then my neuro's partner said to send me back to the nursing home and i could continue on oral steroids, which was contrary to what my neuro had wanted to do the 2 previous times. but whatever, so when i got back to the nursing home i could barely move my legs at all, i needed an aide to lift my legs into bed i was supposed to go home on tuesday, so i complained to the therapist that i was in no shape to go home at all. she said they would keep me another week. then here comes the phys therapy manager, who i had mentioned to the therapist that the care conference sounded like a bunch of bs to me. this lady proceeded to tell me that they werent going to "fix" me and i would be in a wheelchair soon no matter what. she also said i should see a psychiatrist or psychologist, cant remember which. she seemed a little perturbed that i did not agree that i was ready to go home.

i did walking therapy all week, just short walks which i could go about 20 feet before having to sit and rest. on friday i had the slave driver pt lady again. she acted liek i hadnt done anything all week and that why i was so much worse than the previous week. she said she'd had many patients with ms before and they all responded well- disregarding that i had done everything asked of me with a smile and been working my butt off to try to get better, only to keep backsliding. i didnt even bother trying to argue with these numbskulls. now i am due to get out in 3 days, to go to my sisters house, where the plan was for me to stay while waiting to get disabled access apartment, not have her be my damn nurse. i am at a loss what to do here, i am not ready to go home, i cannot care for myself, and the therapy mgr kept saying i didnt need 100 oercent care. i guarantee i cannot get into my sisters home unless i am in a wheelchair with a couple strong guys pushing it. i cannot walk her ramp with my walker as its pretty steep and i could not stop to rest on it.

well anyway rant over. this sucks~!
ANNagain (07-01-2013), Kitty (06-29-2013), SallyC (06-29-2013)