View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 09:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default RSD or fibromyalgia or both

I was in a car accident almost 6 years ago, i was rear-ended on the freeway, i was almost stopped and they were at full speed. anyhow afterwards my right arms started aching. i used to say it was like a sprained ankle that someone had slapped as hard as they could. i hate being in crowds because i'm scared someone will bump my shoulder. I also hate shaking peoples hands, because it ALWAYS hurts but i dont want to be rude or have to explain why i wont.

I have 3 days, 1: i can move somewhat easy but get tired very easy, constant pain and cant lift anything or reach my arm out. i think of this as a "normal" day 2: I'm drained, no energy, can barely walk, stiffness in my neck and shoulder, whole body aches and burns, extreme tenderness to touch and cold and headaches. 3: is the worst and strangest to me, all the symptoms of day two but i cannot move my head because the right side of my neck hurts too much, cant move my shoulder, feels muscle locked, and my hand is swollen, usually cold and turns blue. the longer the episode last the more my arm changes color. there are no triggers, it can happen at any moment for any given amount of time, shortest was an hour, longest had been almost 2 days. the more active i become the more frequent they happen. i was working at the time all i did was type. i lasted a year there before the episodes were happening every single day and they let me go due to absences. my coworkers were so used to seeing it change color they called it my smurf arm. when i go in to see a doctor during an episode they tell me that they cant do anything for me and basically say i have to wait it out, just sit or lay and dont move..

Doctors dont know what to make of it, depending which doctor(ive seen over ten because i went where i could afford it) and they it's either RSD or fibromyalgia but i dont seem to fit fully in either and they will not say i have both. My right leg has begun to burn more like my right arm does and it feels like it's getting worse. i ask if fibromyalgia can spread and i never get a definitive answer, they just say that its so new that they dont know for sure.

Im not here to complain or whine about my condition, i just want to know if anyone has something similar or even opinions of what you think. they have never found any damage and ive been poked, had shots, scans, vascular, physical therapy, massage (my massage therapist actually said it felt like working on a corpse arm) nerve tests and everything shows normal. i get some relief from acupuncture but state medical doesnt cover it. so i live off gabapentin, tramadol, cymbalta and nytriptyline. even just typing this is making my arm flare up, but im almost done. please leave your opinions or any ideas, advice or your story if it's like mine. it's been almost 6 years and im so tired of not being fully diagnosed..
Soxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote