View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 07:45 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

CC,

Have you had a thorough hormone blood panel done ? It would need to be done at a specific time in your cycle. The effect hormones can have on mental health issues can be extreme. I noticed that the makers of Cymbalta are now trying to get it approved for PMDD (premenstrual dysphoric disorder) Check out PMDD on wikipedia. The symptoms parallel bi-polar cycles. It ties to a perceived lack of serotonin. L-Tryptophan, a serotonin precursor, was found in two studies to provide significant relief when supplemented daily in a large dose. There is some evidence that vitamin B6 can alleviate symptoms.
Learning to chart hormone cycles and help the body properly maintain them would make sense to me.

When you understand how brain function and hormones are related to mental health, this angle makes sense to pursue. A good source for referrals in the US is https://www.womensinternational.com/..._referral.html I don't know if they have referrals for Canada but it is worth a check. Just like the psychotropic drugs have side effects, the commonly prescribed patented hormones have side effects. Bio-identical hormones do not have these side effects.

My brain naturally knows what to do with L-Tryptophan. The SSRI I was taking seemed to force my brain in un-natural ways.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote