View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 10:44 PM
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Default Paula, Parkinson's Disease Association?

I am a patient of a National Parkinson's disease Foundation Center of Excellance. I have received excellant care from them. My experience with a PDA group was most unpleasant.

What does a FDA patient consultant do? I have never heard of the title. What power does he have in deciding how the pharmaceutical companies do research? Also, why does the pipeline proposal not include explaining clearly to the patient the goal of the research, for example, is it a study of a drug already patented by the company and the study intention is to prove their patent is superior to a copycat drug by a different phamacy company?

Will the pharmaceutical industry be allowed to peddle their products directly to the consumer through TV commercials? This practice leads to the creation of consumers believing they need drugs for shyness, overweight, wondering if they have ADD, and other problems that were not treated by drugs. America is the only company that allows this practice. Pharmaceutical companies call it educating the public and freedom of speech. Freedom of speech comes with the responsibility of speaking out for the good of the American public. The pharmaceutical industry should not selectively edit out anyresearch results which would make their drug look weaker Pharmaceuticaal Industry should also compare also compare apples to apples. They should use equal amounts off each ingrediant of the drugs.

Clariton was compared to another allergy product and had TV ads claiming that Claiton did not leave patients sleepy. This was only true because the dose of Clariton was a much smaller dose.

I am going to bed as I can hardly keep my eyes open. Hope all of you have a good nights sleep.

Vicky
vlhperry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote