View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 11:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Marshur,

In your previous posts you said you were told to have a deep scaling and you didn't want to do that due to the fear of it being painful. Anytime a deep scaling is recommended there is some degree of gum disease going on. Did you have that treatment done or did fear win out? Did you just switch to a new dentist to have the bridge removed because the other dentist would not do it?

I believe I mentioned in a previous post that the pocket on #4 would most likely not be covered by the bridge and you would still experience pain in that area. Why was tooth #2 removed? What does your new dentist say about the pocketing around #4? Has he checked the health of your gums?

Bryanna

I did not have the deep cleaning done because I do not believe that will help, and I do not believe I have a gum disease. I only have this one problem in that one area, at tooth number 4, and it all happened when tooth number 3 was extracted. The hole would not heal up, so after about a month, he went back in it and "cleaned it out" after that, that is when this pocket formed and has been giving me bad discomfort every since. Its been about a year and a half now.

I switched to another dentist, because the other one treated me like he could not understand that there was even a pocket there, and there should be no reason why I should even be in pain or discomfort. I got the feeling that he was tired of me and that there was nothing else he could do for me. The oral surgeon is the one that told me that I had a pocket of about 5mm and that a bridge covering the area should help it. But it did not help at all.

I asked the new dentist to remove tooth number 2 because it was giving me pain. When is was out, the dentist said it probably had a hair line fracture causing the pain.

The new dentist has not said anything about the health of my gums. I think they are okay. It is just that one place at tooth #4. Right now I have a temp crown on tooth #4.

What is going to fix my problem? Get #4 pulled also??

Also, I can not take any pain medicine because of a stomach ulcer I have. Is there anything else I could take that would help me go thru dental work pain?
Marshur is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote