View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 03:00 PM
----

10 yr Member
----

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doydie View Post
Sorry you didn't get the warm experience you wanted and so needed. But don't let it discourage from trying it again. Is there a local MS society where you live. We have a mentoring program here through ours.
I don't think there is one here directly in town(WaterTown, NY) may be one I'm too lazy to research it. I did walk in the MS walk we had in may though, but I didn't ask anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprinz99 View Post
Eric-

Just like everyone with brown hair is not the same type of personality, no two MSers are either.

I suggest you investigate joining a local MS support group; I bet you will make a lot of friends who feel "open" to sharing.
She was a nice girl, just that I expected her to be like "OMG you have MS to?" but it was more like, "yepp had it goin on for three years now with a slight giggle and that was about it. Guess I feel like I am in some sort of dream land feeling special ever since I got the official DX, I dunno....I just expected more.

It drives me nuts wondering who has MS around here(hard to tell) I see young guys walking with a cane and not like leaning on it either, just walking with a slight limp and holding the cane. I did see another woman about 42 years old walking with a 4 prong cane and she had a slight drag to her left leg. I can almost say she has MS....her walk just looked "that way" We saw each other, but I didn't ask this time.
EricP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote