View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 04:46 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi lakegirl,

An infectious inflammatory problem in the jawbone related to an infected tooth is often referred to as Osteomyelitis. Is that what they diagnosed you as having?

A surgical bone debridement is done to remove the necrotic diseased bone and hopefully they will that will restore a healthy blood supply in that area. Are they taking a piece of your hip bone or just fragments of the hip bone?

Are they at all concerned about the root canaled tooth next to this site that is also infected??? What is the plan for that tooth?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakegirl View Post
Hello all, after ten thousand dollars worth of tests and consultations at the Mayo Clinic, I finally have an answer. I have no trigeminal or other neurological conditions, what I have is an "infectious inflammatory problem" probably resulting from the removed tooth, after 10 months the extraction site in my jaw has not heal even though the gum looks great. I have to be put to sleep to have the area debridged and they are going to take bone from my hip to put in the jaw. Unfortunately, the infection seems to be under the tooth next to it now as well.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote