View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 06:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default teenagers

Norma,
I have two teenagers, a boy (16) and a girl (13). I have to say my biggest stress is my 16 year old. He's good at heart but man oh man this is a tough period. So I really get how this can by extraordinarily stressful. There are times I just need a big break from him. And summer is the worst time with all the free time....

I've got some advicebut remember, free advice is worth what you pay for it! It really seems like you need help from friends and other sources. This is the rainy day! It took me a while to figure out that this is the rainy day I have been "saving" for. I've called in all my chits- I've asked friends and family to help, we've used much of our savings to pay for health care not covered by insurance. At first I felt guilty but people really do want to help. I think we need to be specific. So I asked one of my friends to take my daughter shopping for school clothes; I asked my sister to have my son to visit for two weeks this summer, when i have trouble making decisions I talk it out with friends or family, etc. At the beginning I saw a psychologist which was helpful with decision making. I'm glad you are using the board because it can be a good source of support.
Good luck.
concussedlawyer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
NormaW (07-01-2013)