View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 07:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanc View Post
My dr said the headache would get a lot worse for about a week or so, mine didn't last that long. I would give anything to be able to get them again, but because I broke out in a rash all over a few hours after the injections there was no way I could get them again. If they helped you, then it might be worth getting them again.

Also as Dr Smith asks, have you tried any anti-seizure meds for migraine prevention? I was on Topamax for years and it did wonders for me, cut down the frequency of my migraines big time!! I was on it so long that the effectiveness wore off.

The best migraine meds I ever took was Amerge. But, as always, I developed an allergy to it.
I am on 2 different anti seizure meds. I developed epilepsy after 3 surgeries. The meds I take are keppra and vimpat. They have to be brand only because we had a very hard time controlling seizures with generics and other meds. So .. Really there's not much I can do on that end. My epileptologist gave me many different meds and I had a hard time taking all of them. They put me right to sleep, topamax made me feel like a zombie, she gave me some injectable a etc. and when I have a debilitating headache daily, that's not an option. I have been on so many meds and that's why I finally opted for botox. With botox my headaches worsened (a lot!) for at least 3 weeks.
Lizzyonline is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote