View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 10:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Progressing, need a little hope

Kind of a venting thing...all of my friends are actual young people and have no idea what to do with me right now. Besides, I don't know who else is tired of explaining what neuropathy is through a gale of random tears, but I sure am!

Basically, my condition is progressing at a pace sufficient to spur my indolent neurologist to order a very literal battery of testing, including a skin biopsy and enough blood work to shock the phlebotomist ("Are you serious right now, I gotta label all these tubes? You were here last week!") He's still not sure they're going to come up with anything treatable, not that I could be given the treatment for half of the insane things he's testing me for. Yes, Dr. Genius, I totally have a Finnish Heritage disease. Now I just have to tell my Italian family we've all been lied to! Why, great-grandma, why?

Basically, I can feel the pain moving up my limbs by the day. I am being consumed by fire, and I am super not into it. Anybody have any stories of hope or whatnot? What a disease, robbing you of the ability to both drink and dance your sorrows away...
ermintrude is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote