View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 02:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by groskilly View Post
My Doc switched me from Gabapentin to Lyrica about a month ago. The Gabapentin was no longer helping much with my burning feet. I was at 3600mg of Gabapentin. I continued to take the remaining Gabapentin (300mg caps) here and there along with the Lyrica when the burning was bad and it seemed to help. Eventually I ran out of the Gabapetin and the burning became more intense (worse). I told my Doc I was taking both and he said he never heard of anybody doing that and doesn't recommend it.
A couple of questions.
Does it make any sense at all that the 2 drugs would work better in combination ?
I am taking 375mg of Lyrica and would like to increase the dosage. Does Lyrica have a max dose where the effectiveness peaks out like Gabapentin (3600mg) ?

Gerald
I have Peripheral Neuropathy. Tried Lyrica, Cymbalta, Gabapentin, ALL OF THE SERATONIN REUPTAKE INHIBITORS.

They all make me deathly sick. I'm bad with pills or they're bad with me!

Pain in arms and legs. Ride my recumbent bike every day. Do Yoga stretches that's I'm still able to do. Have to use a walker so I go outside and take a "walker" walk when the weather is okay.

Lots of Vitamin B and Alpha Lipoic Acid.

It's a real bummer!

Siddhi
Siddhi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote