View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 10:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Ding ding ding! Yes, you are right. I practically had to walk over hot coals to get them to change the dressing. I was told by the nephrologist's nurse that it did not need to be flushed, even if I had no treatment. The longest period of time that I have found between flushes of an unused catheter is one month. It is a double lumen tunneled catheter packed with heparin. But not to worry, because I let my Ivig nurse know that I had it and she came prepared to flush it and change the caps.
The stuff she drew out of it was nasty and she couldn't believe it had gone that long either. She flushed and refilled it with fresh heparin, so I am good for a while now.
She even said that if I could get a Dr's order she would come to the house and change the dressing! It's a shame I had to go out of state to get proper treatment.
My neuro told me not to wait till my next appointment before calling if I needed him. I have done everything short of sending up smoke signals to get in touch with him so I could get plasma, but had to get my neuro at UF to order Ivig instead. And he managed to call and check on me??? Sorry for ranting again, but it is hard not to.
limpy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote