View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 03:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Yes, and more yes...........

I have NEVER heard a PWP say that they noticed a HUGE difference in symptom reduction with CoQ. I tried 600mg for about three months with Zippo, nada effects. This alone is one tiny opinion so it's meaning is moot, but give a PWP 30mg of Ritalin, or 600mg of l-Dopa and an immediate symptom reduction is seen; it's just not sustainable at "wash out", nor does repeated dosing seem to halt or reverse your "scores", we always see progression and maybe even quicker progression caused by toxicity from constant receptor "tweaking".
We don't know if we are any "better" than we would have been over time by attempting to quantify the effects of anti-PD drugs. To me , the only way of doing this is by taking daily PET F-dopa scans of at least 200 "dosees" against 200 "controls" and trying to find that many PWP who are able to participate in such testing would eat up billions of bucks that we don't have. An expensive, probably unworkable paradigm for what, the results of the study of ONE compound. I can't even imagine it.
What we need are fast, inexpensive, non-invasive, new paradigms for compound testing. Tests that show undoubted ability to give high sustainable activity in symptom reduction. Repairing the dopamine transporter is probably NOT going to be found in small molecule therapy, but instead in the realm of invasive surgical intervention.
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote