View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 04:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default agree with others..

And could you possibly have that lack of potassium in your diet? I'm not too familiar with foot cramps (don't get em' too often); but when i do it's usually because i was in some position that "pulled" my calf muscle beyond it's limits. What I do is immediately find a comfortable position and give it all my will to attempt relaxing the muscles in my leg (WILL is the important word here, almost like holding your breath for as long as you can to terminate a bout of hiccups). If you don't relax; the pain reaches an excruciating maximum and holds itself untill something naturally gives; but NOT hitting that maxima CAN BE ACHIEVED, if you give it all you've got to concentrate on relaxing the muscles in your foot. Prophylactically would be to pre-dose with a muscle relaxant, since when you get a bout of the foot cramps, nothing you can take orally will work in time, but there is no reason in being doped up on these drugs that also make you tired and "bleary". Relaxing naturally is the way to go. You might need to "practice" this, but i'm sure that once you get the hang of it,it will work for you. And if it's dystonia related, try uppping your anti-PD meds to see if the frequency of your cramping is reduced.
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote