View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 06:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermintrude View Post
Kind of a venting thing...all of my friends are actual young people and have no idea what to do with me right now. Besides, I don't know who else is tired of explaining what neuropathy is through a gale of random tears, but I sure am!

Basically, my condition is progressing at a pace sufficient to spur my indolent neurologist to order a very literal battery of testing, including a skin biopsy and enough blood work to shock the phlebotomist ("Are you serious right now, I gotta label all these tubes? You were here last week!") He's still not sure they're going to come up with anything treatable, not that I could be given the treatment for half of the insane things he's testing me for. Yes, Dr. Genius, I totally have a Finnish Heritage disease. Now I just have to tell my Italian family we've all been lied to! Why, great-grandma, why?

Basically, I can feel the pain moving up my limbs by the day. I am being consumed by fire, and I am super not into it. Anybody have any stories of hope or whatnot? What a disease, robbing you of the ability to both drink and dance your sorrows away...
If you are implying by the above that you have a hereditary neuropathy which doesn't seem to be in your family tree, well it happens.
It also happens that sometimes our family trees aren't what we think they are. My bio father, from whom I inherited this lovely CMT which is currently rendering my arms painful and practically useless was not my Mother's husband.
Do you or your doctor suspect a hereditary neuropathy? I have passed this down to two of my children, both of whom are symptomatic, one quite severely.
If it is hereditary you can drink in moderation because there isn't much you can do to it or for it. Please let us know a little more about what you and your doctor think is going on.
All the best, which would mean hope it isn't CMT!
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote