Old 07-02-2013, 08:18 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Hi Walker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker1988 View Post
Some of you know I have MS. Last Wednesday, I started walking 2 miles - in which I haven't walked since. I also started doing DDP Yoga and did mostly some stretches to get my back straight since it is somewhat humped, and my hamstrings are really really tight. Well it had to be between Wed and Thurs last week when I noticed a small back pain. It hurts when I try to straighten my back, it hurts kind of right under the curve on your spine is. Not sure why this is, but each day it has worse and worse. Has anyone felt this before?

Also I've noticed after weeks of eating healthy with fruit and veggies, I've become more hungry. Why is this?
I suffered a good deal of back pain after a serious car wreck some years ago and the aches which went along with physical therapy post surgeries may be similar to what you experience in recently working a part of your body which has not seen a whole lot of activity. In my situation, as the therapy got underway, muscles and groups of muscles which had not been used for a fair spell cried out with "Ouch, why are you doing this to me?" It is not unusual at all for such muscles to respond poorly at first when activity is renewed. The achiness went away as I continued therapy, and now those aches do not bother. They just faded away as I resumed activity.

Eating more healthily........... well, as you might imagine, being laid up for a LONG spell after that car wreck I became enormous with bulk not something I wanted to accept. SO, working with my doc and being more conscientious about eating, I have pared away calorie intake substantially. Fruits and veggies as you mention are a part of that healthy eating bit..... The immediate result? I began to notice greater hunger, because I was no longer over doing the calorie intake. The more long term result? Weight is shedding because the body does respond well to being fed properly. Goodness....... I might be able to fit some clothing which languishes in our closet unused because I had gained too much weight! How about that?

Keep up the good work, and may your day be blessed!
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-06-2013)