View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 10:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello,

I have been using and am very familiar with biomedical (alternative) treatment methods for about 15 years. In addition to me having MG, my daughter also has some neurological issues, and so I've researched many thousands of hours at this point (as well as spent LOTS of money.)

A quick list of things I've tried: acupuncture, cranial sacral therapy, vitamin/mineral/herbal therapy--manganese, vit c, essential fatty acids, huperzine A, probiotics, gluten free, casein free, additive free diet, vegetarianism (which I still do for personal reasons), anti-oxidant therapy. I've probably left out several more...been at this a long time.

Short answer--nothing worked for me. In general I am probably in better overall health, but the MG never showed more than temporary improvements, and those improvements were likely just part of the ebb and flow of the disease.

My daughter, OTOH, has made steady improvements, but we've addressed some obvious allergy issues and done some other disease-specific things. Some feel that MG can be helped by addressing allergies using Low Dose Allergen therapy, but I don't have the extra $$$ to throw at that for me right now. It is helping my dd quite a bit with allergies, but not with the other issues--yet.

I've reached the point where I try very hard to maintain a healthy lifestyle to help compensate for the damage the heavy hitting drugs are doing to my body. My other choice would be to succumb to MG...not an option right now.

Sorry there isn't something out there that seems to work for most people, but there just doesn't seem to be. Never stop looking for answers and please report back if you find something that DOES work.
4-eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (07-03-2013), Fortunatos (07-02-2013), Mastas (07-02-2013), southblues (07-02-2013)