View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi sicky,

Just to help clarify some things for you...
During a root canal procedure the blood supply is cut off from the blood vessel to the tooth making the tooth non vital (dead). Although the tooth is no longer being fed nutrition via the blood it is still sitting in a live ligament and live bone. So root canaled teeth can be sensitive to temperature and/or chewing. Root canaled teeth are never healthy because they will always harbor dead nerve tissue inside of the tiny canals and eventually the bacteria spreads to the jaw, etc. So it's actually healthier for you that you had the tooth removed.

Your symptoms indicate you have an infection. It may or may not have anything to do with the infected tooth.... but it could be coming from the jaw bone where the tooth was because maybe the dentist did not remove the infected tissue and bone when he did the extraction.

It is best to consult with an oral surgeon as this is a dentist who deals with oral infections all of the time. You should bring the xray of this tooth with you to this appointment and the OS will take another xray to compare it.

If it is a bone infection, it would require immediate attention before it progresses. So this is not something that you should wait to get checked out.

Your medical doctor will not know if it is dental related and might just prescribe an antibiotic for you... but that medication alone will not cure an infection that is residing in the tooth socket. So it's best to see an oral surgeon first.

Hope this information is helpful to you. Please let us know how you are doing.
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicky6539 View Post
I have been reading some of these post n I'm glad to see im not imagine things . I had a root Canal done in this tooth but was not finished they put a temp n I never went back . After a while tooth cracked n I had to have tooth extraction on a wed. despite I had the root canal it is evident that the nerve is dead but even before I went for extraction I always felt sensitive to hot n cold. Anyway tooth was extracted n I went home n when novacaine wore off I was in pain the whole night called dr he put me on penicillin on Thursday. Since t the extraction my symptoms are pain back of my upper neck ,eat, Temple, eye socket n my glans are swollen. I also have heart palpitations n chest pain , very tired , sweats n very clammy, dizzy ness. I just feel ill went back to dentist n he thought it was dry socket n it wasnt. He said I should go to my family dr . What can it be ?!!!!#
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (07-02-2013)