Thread: Lpr
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 06:03 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I have never heard the term LPR. I was diagnosed with it by my ENT. He actually scoped my sinuses and throat and saw the irritation. After trying acid-reducers and other GERD treatments, I notice I have these acid refux events after drinking milk. I changed to lactose free milk and solved the problem. Now, I drink whole milk, lactose included but I only drink NON-homogenized milk. My system hands the lactose better when it has not been homogenized. Homogenization breaks the fat globules into very small particles that are not processed properly by the digestive tract.

I also know I need to take care of a recurring hiatal hernia. FYI, A hiatal hernia is when the top of the stomach gets pushed up through the opening in the diaphragm wall where the esophagus goes through. I get it from strenuous effort working or sometimes strenuous effort on the toilet. There is a heal drop technique that will help correct a mild hiatal hernia. You rise up on your tip toes then drop to your heals with knees locked. The vertical jolt can cause the herniated part of the stomach to drop back below the diaphragm wall. I can feel the knot in my chest reduce after this.

I have an upper back and lower neck injury that can cause my large intestine to slow down. This causes a clogging that can lead to straining that leads to the hiatal hernia. A head and neck injury can impact many other body systems. Understanding how our bodies work can be a big help to helping ourselves.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (07-02-2013)