View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 07:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Suffering from serious pain

Hi my name is Manny, I recently started to suffer from pain a few months ago that started from my feet to the top of my limbs. Now the numbness and pain are also present in my hands. I have gone through several blood tests, ultra sound (legs/kidney), MRI of my back and legs, Brain CT scan, EMG test, glucose tolerance test, and a skin biopsy. The doctors have found nothing wrong in any of these testings and the pain is periodically unbearable.

Throughout the day I usually feel a tingly feeling in my legs and slightly in my hands. The sensations are numbness, Burning, tingling, cold throughout the day and are sometimes severe to the point that I just sit down and hope it settles down.

I don't understand what to do! I try to vent feelings by speaking to co-workers/friends about my pain but saying the same thing over again could end up being annoying.

My Doctor believes that I have small fiber neuropathy from the ways I explain my symptoms and by saying I may have had a change in skin density although the levels are still in the normal range.

The next testing that I am advised to take is an MRI of my brain and cervical spine to view my nervous system.

I am not much of a person who visits forums for discussions but I feel it is just a relief knowing someone else may be out there with the same problems and can offer some advice. This very second the burning is very severe and I feel random pain throughout different segments of my body (upper thigh/ankles). I also feel a cold feeling in my legs and a cramp like feeling around my groin.

If anyone has some advice for me or something to relate with me please let me know!
mmakh821 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote