View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 08:39 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi mmakh

Welcome to Neuro Talk. I am sorry what brought you here however. You are describing PN very well, it hurts. I hope you see a really good neurologist. I go see a physiatrist, who treats the whole person. I do take pain medications, but am also taking some vitamines, which do help. B12 shots for the last year, seems to have calmed my PN down. I do not have it as extensively as you do. However there are many here on Neuro Talk that can relate to what you are experiencing. There will be some nice people who can help you through this while you seek the help you need. Pain can be controlled, and the condition can get better. Did you have an injury, surgery, or on some antibiotics recently? Do you know how yours started? In very bad cases there is a treatment called Ketamine infusions that has been use alot in the military for injuries that cause PN. Has RSD been ruled out, or discussed?
Also the test don't always show this condition. There are also compounds that have several medications that help. There are pain patches with lidocane, which do help over the most painful places. The only trouble with them is removing them from the skin. Ouches.... I do a combination of all these things, and find the condition now more bearable. I have a good team of doctors who actually work together. I hope you can find that compassionate doctor who can help provide some measure of relief. I wish you all the best. I am here to talk to any time. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote