View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 12:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks so much. I guess I may need to accept the ER as a reality. The question is which ER - local which may mistreat my IVIG, or a trip down to the city.

But I began to feel very ill/weak at work today. I got fed up with the whole process. I called my GP and insisted on appointment They were more receptive this time. I think they saw my condition and felt sorry for me. I think crying helped. They did review my blood work. Liver enzymes are down to normal. Wbc are coming down towards towards normal, still high.

Albumin abnormal low and getting worse. All electrolytes are abnormally low. Hemoglobin is getting worse/lower (11). My CMV titer was positive. COuld this be due to the IVIG or do I really have an innumocompromised infection from the pregnisone?

I got referral for a PT evaluations for falling again, referral for a gastroenterologist. They are retesting the blood work this week to see if it is getting worse again. They will call the neuro to try and coordinate care and see what else they can do for me and what is related to MG or treatment and what is not.

So I guess I have anemia due to malabsortion, perhaps with a G bleed. I agree I need to get that under control. I am in no shape for surgery. Anything they do I will insist on being done as an inpatient so I can get proper care. I am very afraid of the ER, I hear so many horror stories from MGers.
Thanks so much for your frank evaluation,
kathie
cait24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote