View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 03:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Travel,

Returning to work has many facets to consider. Working, becoming exhausted and symptomatic then returning home to rest will not likely have a good long term outcome. It would be better to try to reduce the stress of the work you do so you are not fatigued when you go home.

Fatigue acts against recovery. Finding that level of effort that does not cause fatigue and a return of symptoms take individual observation. There are signs that you are pushing the limits. Feeling like you need to strain to focus your eyes is often the first. Needing to reread a sentence or even a label is evidence of fatigue. Misunderstanding somebody's verbal comments is also a sign.

What kind of job do you have ? Is the environment quiet ? Are there lots of voices ? These all can impact how you can return to work.

Please feel free to tell us all about your situation. We have heard it all before.

btw, There is a saying here, If you have seen one brain injury, you have seen ONE brain injury. This means that any comparisons need to be taken very carefully. Your response to your injury can be totally different that someone else who appears to have suffered a similar injury.

My best to you.
I must admit I am finding it very hard to recognise what triggers the fatigue. It seems like some days I do next to nothing & I'm exhausted, where as other days I can keep fairly busy.

I am a travel agent, they have agreed for me to go back on lighter duties, so should be less stress. I love my job & really miss it.
Travel73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote