View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 04:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Meeting the SCS surgeon today

Hi guys

I'm finally getting to meet the SCS surgeon today. I'm nervous because I'm worried he's going to judge me as having gone over the pain doc's head to get to see him, which wouldn't be an unfair judgement.

When I was diagnosed with CRPS, the neurosurgeon wrote to the pain clinic recommending I be put forward for it. Up here all referrals for SCS go via the pain clinic so when they refused to even let me talk to him I was gutted. Their view was that it wouldn't fix all my problems, which was never an expectation of mine anyway. They also saod noone has ever had a successful SCS that they have seen and they say they see every patient as aftercare is their domain. Fair enough but all I wanted was to talk to the guy as he also takes on complicated cases and I thought he might also have other ideas.

So when I mentioned to the GP that the pain clinic had refused to let me see him, he was fuming and referred me directly, which like I said isn't the 'done thing' up here.

So I will come back and let you know what he said. I imagine it will be a no for SCS but at least I will have heard it from his mouth. I am also worried about not knowing what he's watching out for in a patient as a yes or no. But at least without knowing that I can only be honest!
KathyUK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (07-04-2013)