View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 07:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Eh up Bram! I'm baaack!

He said yes. He said I'm an ideal candidate. There's a lot of work to do in preparation, I have to lose a lot of weight for a start and initially they wanted me to finish the PMP, however I told them I'm doing it individually and that officially I might not even start the group PMP til next May, so instead they're going to liaise with my physio and work out from that when I'm ready as they want me to be "in the best possible place physically and mentally for it".

He said they have some new technology in SCS that means he can actually have a go at hitting the back pain as well as the sciatica, AND he says he often has a problem NOT stimulating both legs, so he is certain it will help me a lot.

He doesn't believe in the CRPS diagnosis but he said he finds it hard to get his head around that anyway and it doesn't matter regardless. I didn't go in there for a "cure" for my CRPS or a miraculous answer to all my pain, I went in to see if he thought it would give me some mobility back from my right sided sciatica. I wasn't expecting anything more and I wasn't even expecting it to be a yes for that. I told him that I had three types of pain - my back pain, my burning pain and my sciatica. I said I was expecting to have to live with the back pain and the burning pain, but he said that this new technology could be the answer for at least part of all of them, or at the very least the sciatica. He said it can go three ways - I could feel the stimulation and it helps my pain, I could feel the stimulation but it doesn't help my pain or they can't find the positioning so I can feel the stimulation in the right area. He said it's very unlikely to be the last but I have to be aware of it, which I was. I said if it helped me even 5 or 10% I would consider that the miracle, so I wasn't expecting too much - at that point the nurse and him both said if it was only going to help me that little they wouldn't have said yes at all.

So, I can't see it being within the next year but I will be doing the trial. Now I have to crack on with losing weight. God knows how but I'm going to do it.
KathyUK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote