View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 07:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roep21 View Post
That's how I started out with this terrible crawling itch...but my itching is in the brow and forehead and it drives me crazy. Also for a while I had it on the nose with felt like tiny hairs just tickling it..I practically started to cry with frustration. Fortunately I don't have the stabbing shocking pain I have the constant horrible ache and sensitivity. But I have experienced the the shocking pain on the lip and nose I didnt know what it was from....I thought it was from clenching my teeth. When I told my Dr he didnt think it had anything to do with it. He told me to take benadryl. I take carbamazephine 100mg 3x a day. Hasnt got rid of the pain totally but it did take away the burning. And helped alot with the mood swings.
I have been experiencing an unbearable itching sensation on both sides of my face, along my jawline, that-no matter how hard you scratch- WILL NOT go away. Also, the spots closest to my ears are practically numb to the touch, as is the tip of my nose occasionally, along with the tickling peeling of tiny hairs. I have seen every doctor there is to see about this issue, and my neurologist has been treating me off of the assumption that it is trigeminal neuralgia. However, I do not believe this to be the case, because I do not experience any pain, nor has the itching or numbness spread along any full branch of the trigeminal nerve-it is extremely localized. If ANYONE has ANY information about these symptoms, PLEASE respond, as I am quite close to ripping my face off.
Trayaa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote