Thread: My SSI story :(
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 11:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittypaw View Post
I have Bipolar II, PTSD, Borderline, anxiety, and depression. I applied for SSI two years ago and was ultimately denied at the ALJ hearing, which was earlier this year.

The denial letter was so devastating that I went to the ER for being suicidal. My life since has been a nightmare of financial stress and depression that I can't seem to get out of.

My attorney filed a new claim and so I am now waiting to see what happens this time. Meanwhile I'm still severely depressed all the time...the worst ever in my entire life. Suicidal thoughts, anxiety, crying every day.

I'm completely dependent upon my friend who is my landlord. My family is far away and won't help me financially. I survive on a tiny amount of welfare each month. And here's the worst part...on various days that I'm feeling barely well enough, I am relying on prostitution to help me survive financially.

I hope this doesn't shock anyone or make them judge me....I wonder how many people have had to resort to crime in order to survive after being denied SSI. Never in a million years did I see my life turning out this way.
I am not going to judge you. I just wanted you to please reconsider the method that you are trying to survive on. I am sure you know the dangers. I can totally relate to the severe financial strain all of this puts on people. I am really close to losing my house. A long time ago I believed God has his reason's for trials in our life. Because of this HELL, I am not so sure about my beliefs anymore. Hang in there and please be safe.
bretd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kittypaw (07-03-2013)