View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 12:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Difference between tremors and twitches

This week I started having what I assume are tremors. I look down at my hand and notice it's moving back and forth on it's own, if I concentrate on it, it'll calm down and stop, but I usually have to move it to a different place. I've noticed it'll do this sometimes even if pressure is put on it. It seems to happen mostly when I have my elbow on something and my hand is up or holding something. I held up a paper and my hand was shaking too much to read it. It's far more than just shaking, it's very obvious.

I stopped taking the Mirapex a couple weeks ago when the edema and hives started (which are very very slowly getting better, but I'm still itching a ton). I was only taking this for PLMD, not parkinson's. But since it is a parkinson's med, I'm wondering if maybe I would have had these "tremors" a while ago if I hadn't taken the med.

The twitches I had before aren't happening as much. I am taking magnesium. These were when I just got a jerk. It would happen, then it would be over, maybe would repeat again, but not in repetition like a metronome (which is how the tremors feel).

What's the difference between the two? Are they caused by the same thing or two totally different things? Anything besides the magnesium to help?
chaos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote