View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 03:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Stopping Sinemet (Carbadopa-Levadopa)

Jim, how wonderful for you! Hoooorahhhhh!

My long detailed replied just went down when my internet crashed, so here is the short/sweet:

It does take courage and a nuanced eye to interpret a need for less drug, when we're told repeatedly that as carba/dopa effectiveness becomes unreliable it's because we are impaired, we cannot receive its benefits. It is easy to think you need more when it's not working well. And easy to think that calls for piling on another drug to up effectiveness.

A little over three weeks ago, we got the hunch that Jan needed less because she was cognitively and physically more herself when in an off period. That proved right. Now we're working on when and how frequently to dose. It seems that she does better by starting as late in the day as possible, or did for a while. For a week, until she was bitten by a spider, that was noon. Today, 9 AM worked well.

There are so many layers and cross-currents that are not PD but contribute to it. Sounds like you are dealing with the nexus of stress/pain/inflammation very effectively.

Very best wishes, and keep us informed as you go!
Trisha

P.S. Soccertese, not everyone needs the same dosage of Neurogenic Extracts as did Jan, so I can't represent the costs fairly. She's at the point where insurance is going to have to cover most of what she does, and is making hard choices accordingly. Her money now is going to Neuro-Modulation Therapy, a treatment modality of Dr. Leslie Feinberg. This is working just great for her.
TrishaPDX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aunt Bean (07-29-2013)