View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 04:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default what kind of doctor did you get help from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldWhoKnew View Post
There was repetitive water damage in the walls of a coop apartment I purchased. I was on the ground floor. The board of Directors refused to fix the problem, even after I hired a Medical Mycologists to come in and test, where he found starchy, aspergillius, penicillium, all highly toxic mold. Although I couldnt see the mold, there was no doubt it was effecting me. I had a urine sample done via Realtime Labs in Dallas, they mailed me a kit, which was covered by insurance. I had extremely high levels of mycotoxins in my body. About a month later, more water damage, but this time wall opened up and I ended up in the emergency room. My skin, eyes, nose, ears, throat, lungs were on fire...I left the apartment but it didn't subside so I went to ER. I have never been the same since.

I began with skin issues, neurological issues, chronic fatigue, numbness in legs, hands, feet, short term memory issues, insomnia, severe joint inflammation, lung issues. My cats got sick also, but they recovered, I did not.

Fast forward, I was fortunate to find Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker in Maryland. He is now retired *admin edit* Via an HLA DR by PCR test, I tested positive for genes that make me unable to clear certain toxins from my body. When exposed to these toxins, they continue to circulate in my body, creating havoc in every area until they are removed. However, my body is now "primed" and hyper sensitive to even the smallest amount of toxic mold. A walk in the supermarket or post office for even 15 mins if it is water damaged and has toxic mold makes my body react. 25 percent of the population has this issue but it is often misdiagnosed. There are so many different symptoms and each person presents differently.

In Jan. 2013 I realized I was reacting to gluten. Then the list grew to include soy, and anything fermented.

Interestingly enough, one of the mold genes I tested positive for, DQ2, is also associated with gluten issues. I am now completely gluten, soy, and fermented food free. I was tested for celiac, but was already on a gluten free diet so the results were negative.

I feel much better now...not 100% but thanks to Dr. Shoemakers protocol and the aide of an acupuncturist, an organic/non GMO healthy diet, glutithion pushes introveniously, mold/gluten/soy/fermented food avoidance I am functioning again, can exercise (couldnt walk up a flight of stairs before), think clearly, no more joint inflammation, numbness gone, etc.

Through my research I have found that although I carry 3 genes that make me susceptible to certain mold toxins, something must trigger the reaction in my body, then all hell breaks loose with the body attacking itself. Had I not been exposed to such extreme levels of toxic mold, I may have lived my life symptom free. And maybe I never would have had gluten issues either.

I took the Board of Directors to court, but unfortunately there are no laws on a mold victims side. We settled, but only because I was about to give a major interview to expose the entire building, and because my medical bills were at $60,000. However, I was able to make the other tenants aware of the dangers that were dwelling in the walls.
*admin edit*
I wish her well, it is quite a journey but she can get better.
What kind of doctor did you get help from. And what kind of test did you do to find out if you had mold sickness. I have symptoms, but don't know how to begin. I have also become very chemical sensitive. Did you have any issues with that. We did some home remodeling and the day they glues down granite countertops it felt like my head was swelling. Then had to have house treated for termites and that is when I started getting very sensitive. So then I started taking backward steps to try and figure out why my body is doing this. Had to have new AC put in our home and when they pulled down the return vents to all the rooms, almost all of them had mold on the back side. We bought the house new in 2000 and wonder i the years of this building is what did something to make re react to the glue and pesticides. I am bothered with headaches all the time. I can't even live in my own home, but my Mom's house isn't completely safe either.
Sandbag is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (07-03-2013)