View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 08:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New Technology

That new technology would be high frequency SCS. Developed in US 30 miles from my house in Menlo Park, CA by Nevro, but only available in Europe because they are less litigious and therefore allow devices in earlier. It will be Nevro only for some time as they have a rock solid patent. Therefore if you have a BS, Medtronics, St Jude whatever - you can't hook up with your leads. You would need a total rewire.

The stimulation is delivered at 10,000 Hz vs. the 80 Hz you get with the standard boxes. It is imperceptible. You just feel "better". Currently a filled trial in US for back pain. Probably out in US in a couple years.

The upside is that it can work well even in for some that did not benefit from regular SCS. I would have loved to hook up and try that - case reports show success with CRPS (Europe).

I would localize the best CRPS program, then turn the Nervo unit on full blast. Sadly, this won't be a reality for a while.

The amount of juice I need to cover my CRPS is huge. I prefer the paresthesia by far, but would love not to have to feel it - hits like machine gun!!!

Get yourself into the best shape you can without killing yourself. Don't drop too much weight if you are overweight. You want the battery placed at the right depth.

My 2 cents
MDinpain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (07-11-2013), Hannabananna (07-03-2013), Mark56 (07-03-2013), Rrae (07-09-2013)