View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 11:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default neuropathy from chemo

New to site. Found this forum out of frustration. Had chemo for breast cancer. The lump was right on the size line between chemo or no chemo needed. I was scared and confused at the time and I feel the doctors pushed me right into it. Half way thru I started getting numbness in hands and feet. Was told not to worry, that was normal and it would all go away after treatment To make a long and painful story shorter, it is now 5 months after chemo and not much improvement. The doc is still saying "don't worry, be happy - it will all go away in 6 months after treatment"

This is all going away in another month ? I don't think so !!! My face, head & back all feel like I am wearing a latex glove (can feel most things but not the light surface touch). Fingers are slightly numb (the only part of my body that has improved a bit). Feet are lumpy and legs from ankle to above the knees are surface numb.

Take b vitamins but I don't know how much it is helping - afraid to stop to see if it gets worse. I can handle lumpy feet & fingers that don't feel quite right - I just want all the surface numbness to go away.
skyfox is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote