View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 07:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Did you have art in your BA courses? Psychology?

If so you could investigate an MA in art therapy or occupational therapy, which would place you in a position where you could also do advocacy. A couple of accounting courses too.. may help if you join a non profit group.
Thanks for the prompt reply! Actually, one of my BAs was in Psychology (the other was Economics). Sorry, I should have mentioned that sooner. I always thought for occupational therapy you needed more of a biology background, though. (At least, I remember that's true for PT, which is what I had been considering when I started off at school).

I'm open to the idea of one-on-one advocacy (although, knowing myself, I'd be encouraging the person to become a self-advocate more than anything) but I'd been considering something more at a larger scale, movement level sort of thing. Don't know how realistic that is, but that does tend to be something I do lean towards more.

Working for a nonprofit is something that appeals to me; the only issue is, like most things, I'm not sure how to go about that. Do I get my MBA, MPA, JD (I would assume movements where people's rights are at stake would need lawyers), or is my BA sufficient?
Ripples is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote