View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 07:43 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi cyclecrash

Sorry you are going through all that. I am 61 and just dx'd last year being bi-polar too. Evidently I had tendencies toward that all my life. I am over emotional at times. Currently I am on zoloft and serequel as well. Moods have stabalized. I have 5 auto immune conditions,and I wasn't handling them particualry good. I don't know if a concusion can cause bi-polar, the doc. said I might have been born this way. My parents complained I was antsy all my life. So.... are you feeling any better these days? I know the hospital isn't any fun. The meds you are on, should work for bi-polar to my knowledge. I am not familiar with the medication you mentioned that they wanted to switch you to.
I know all these emotions, are difficult, I do wish you all the best. There are alot of bi-polar people on this site. Check out that forum OK? I just wanted you to know, you are not alone. Life throws some real left hooks at you at times. Not all of us are equipped to handle many stresses at one time. You will find some friends here also. On the bottom of the page, there is also Neuro Talk for mental health issues. Both sites, do both medical and mental issues. Explore all you want. I am glad you found us. Hope your 4th was a good one and didn't get rained out like we did. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cyclecrash (07-05-2013)