View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Grace,

Did the oral surgeon say anything about a sinus communciation when he extracted the tooth?

Also, the site had to be infected ... perhaps it wasn't as bad as he anticipated. I wish dentists would inform patients better....:/

An extraction site that starts to hurt or has increased pain on the 3rd to 4th day needs to be seen by the oral surgeon. It could be the onset of a dry socket. If you wake up tomorrow and it feels good, then no need to worry. If it hurts like the dickens, go see him.

You don't have a good tolerance to antibiotics because you don't have a healthy balance of bacteria in your intestines. In addition to that, antibiotics kill off the good and bad bacteria in the intestines. So it is imperative to have an abundant supply good bacteria entering your intestinal tract on a daily basis. You need to supplement with a probiotic twice a day for at least the next few months to try and replace the good bacteria. It is also imperative to cut out all forms of sugar and processed foods in your diet because the bad bacteria thrive on those things.

I am sorry you are going through this. Please see the OS if it does not feel better tomorrow and please do what you can to restore the good bacteria.

Keep us informed on how you're doing!
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace123 View Post
Hi Bryanna and all,
My tooth (#14) was infected in earlier May and had root canals done between May 29 and June 8, 2013. Infection was very bad and spread all the way to sinus. The dentist put me on Pennicillin first (got bad allergy reaction) and then Clindamycin (had diarrhea). I was off from any antibiotics for nine days before the extraction.
The tooth was extracted by an oral surgeon on Tuesday morning (July 2). He said the site doesn’t look like infected (at least not serious). I was OK on Tuesday and most time of Wednesday. But this morning (July 4) I started feeling pain around the extraction area. The surgeon did put me on 5 days Z-pack. I started taking Arnica last night but the pain is getting more frequent. Is this normal or does it indicate an infection? Anything I should do now?

I am very concerned now. I don’t have a good tolerance to antibiotics. I’ve lost 15 pounds in a month due to the tooth infection.

Thanks a lot for your inputs
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (07-05-2013)