View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 08:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Cool Another Lyrica Nightmare

I'm so glad I've read through this forum. While it's not the first Lyrica failure site I've been on, it has great insight and understanding of the withdrawal syndrome that we have all experienced. I have taken Lyrica for about two years, eventually up to 450 mg per day. The drug did nothing for my problem (RSD), and made me feel like an emotional zombie, not to mention the 30 pounds I gained. I ran out of Lyrica and didn't get to the pharmacy in time. By the next day, I was terrifically ill, virtually unable to get out of bed. Stupidly, I thought I had the flu! I missed all of my final exams (working on my MA), and will have to repeat 2 classes. Weeks went by, and I did not get better. Total exhaustion, nausea, stabbing stomach pain, diarrhea, aching, chills and crazy sweating. I went to the Doctor, and they thought it was the flu as well. Then one day, DUH! I realized I had not taken my lyrica since I had become ill. My husband picked up my prescription, I took my dose and...A MIRACLE! I was cured instantly!

Then and there I made the decision to get off Lyrica, and started doing the research I SHOULD HAVE to begin with. I have been on a loooooooooong slow taper since January, going from 450mg per day to my current dose, 50 per day. I'm going to drop to 25 next week. Anyone who wants to start a class action suit, count me in. While lyrica does warn of some withdrawal symptoms, there is nothing in the literature to warn potential users of the hell that they will go through to get off this drug!

I wish I could offer some good advise to my fellow sufferers, but I have found nothing that really helps, aside from just taking it very slowly. I'm glad to have found you guys, and its so comforting to know that you are not going crazy...lyrica does cause terrible health problems!