View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 05:33 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

We've seen lots of deer fights over the years. They also make a whooshing sound that is very loud and like a fire extinguisher.

They will swim over to us, in the summer to get the salt block I put out for them. But last 2 summers we didn't have ANY deer. I found out that a woman across the bay was feeding them year round, and she passed away, and the deer left. Those that came to us were her "overflow" ones I guess? Our state now has a law (less enforced in the UP)...against deer feeding because of the
wasting disease occurance, anyway.

Here are some photos from the past...
#1 photo-- our past orange maine coon male cat Roofie.. with our first doe visitor ...she tolerated HIM, and he loved her and loved watching her, but she chased our two black cats at the time mercilessly.

#2 is Jane Doe with Bambi-- the last deer to visit .. the following year we had none.

#3 is Bucky... he was a rare young male who came with his mother. They fought with Jane Doe and her family if they ran into each other. He was very fond of my petunias, and I had to chase him off often.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 12-15-2013 at 04:20 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (07-05-2013)