View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 09:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default How does Sinemet 50/200 CR work?

Hello everyone. I am wondering if anyone can explain how the CR works. I am taking 50/200 CR 4xs a day, along with the 20/100 in doses of 1/2, 1/4, 1/2, 1/4. I take my first dose at 10:00 am, because normally I would wake up around 9:30, but now I get up between 7:30 and 8 to take another medication, and usually go back to bed for a bit. Even when I get up at 7:30, I have no stiffness.... no tightening muscles....and no involuntary movement. I only have tremors in right hand, arm, and leg... usually mild. However, within an hour of taking my first dose of Sinemet, my right thigh begins to tighten up and I can feel it in my right foot as well. As the day goes on muscle stiffness & tightening, and involuntary movement gets worse. I take my 2nd dose at 2, and then at 6pm and 10pm. The doctor said to try adjusting up and down, to see if it is off or on symptoms. I have tried going down and up a half pill of Sinemet 25/100... doesn't seem to make a difference either way. All I do know, is that in the mornings before taking any Sinemet.... the only symptom I have is tremors. I don't know if I am good because it has been 12 hrs since taking Sinemet (thinking that may be the cause, maybe too much), or if the CR releases in a way that causes this affect.

Additional note: I only started this dosage at the end of April. Before that, I was only taking Sinemet 25/100 3xs a day because the doc I was seeing refused to increase, though I was suffering. Literally, I was not living life... I was existing. It was wonderful the first month after the increase, but slowly the involuntary movement started, and now this past month, the tightening muscles. For the past week, when I go to bed, my foot is moving all around, and even some tremors (though different than what I had before the increase) is starting at night.

Any thoughts?
MorningGlory is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote