View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 09:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmakh821 View Post
Hi my name is Manny, I recently started to suffer from pain a few months ago that started from my feet to the top of my limbs. Now the numbness and pain are also present in my hands. I have gone through several blood tests, ultra sound (legs/kidney), MRI of my back and legs, Brain CT scan, EMG test, glucose tolerance test, and a skin biopsy. The doctors have found nothing wrong in any of these testings and the pain is periodically unbearable.

Throughout the day I usually feel a tingly feeling in my legs and slightly in my hands. The sensations are numbness, Burning, tingling, cold throughout the day and are sometimes severe to the point that I just sit down and hope it settles down.

I don't understand what to do! I try to vent feelings by speaking to co-workers/friends about my pain but saying the same thing over again could end up being annoying.

My Doctor believes that I have small fiber neuropathy from the ways I explain my symptoms and by saying I may have had a change in skin density although the levels are still in the normal range.

The next testing that I am advised to take is an MRI of my brain and cervical spine to view my nervous system.

I am not much of a person who visits forums for discussions but I feel it is just a relief knowing someone else may be out there with the same problems and can offer some advice. This very second the burning is very severe and I feel random pain throughout different segments of my body (upper thigh/ankles). I also feel a cold feeling in my legs and a cramp like feeling around my groin.

If anyone has some advice for me or something to relate with me please let me know!

I would strongly recommend that you speak with your doctor about starting you short-term on Lyrica (50mg 2X daily as a starting dose) which will work within a few days, and also Cymbalta (30mg 1st week and then 60mg daily thereafter), with may work well but takes about three to four weeks to kick-in.

Feel better!

David
Apollo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote