View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 11:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Stacie ~ It sounds pretty normal to me. As long as you have NO FEVER, it sounds like you're coming along. It's great you took a little walk. That's really good for you. And I'm sure the shower DID feel good.

I'm glad you're able to sleep. Some folks have more trouble sleeping than you're having, so I'm glad you're doing ok there. And yes, the snore is due to the swelling inside, and that will subside once the swelling has gone down.

It's no doubt that your shoulders hurt, cause the nerves and muscles that serve that area were cut during surgery, so they will have to heal. Nerves grow back at the average rate of one inch per month, (some people's grow faster, some slower) so it may take awhile. I don't have the rate on the muscles, or even if they grow back by themselves like nerves do. But you will be sore for awhile.

It does sound like you're doing quite well for as short a time as it's been, so that's great! Keep up the good work! And keep updating us too, okay?

God bless, and hope to hear from you soon. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (07-15-2013), StacieC (07-05-2013), wishuloveb (07-12-2013)