View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 12:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Exercise with TOS - good or bad

What are your opinions? I know it varies according to how afflicted we all are but I struggle here. Being an ex-athlete and one who loved to stay fit I know the value of it mentally and physically. I try to do very gentle stuff like short walks and ride a stationary bike but results are mixed. Where I have landed is if I am in a flare of any magnitude do not do any of it as it will only make things worse. However do what I can when things are not too bad but be very careful about overdoing it. If I do anything that requires deep breathing it causes hard pain right at the outlet and can trigger a 3 - 4 day flare.

I do remember what a doctor told me who reattached muscles that tore away from my scapula as part of all this. He said things will just get weaker if you don't use them and put you in a bigger hole. He is right but therein lies the dilemma doesn't it? I am trying to eat healthy and have just started trying to pound the fluids all day even though I am not thirsty. That at least helps the gastro problems that come with meds.
romans8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote