View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 12:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks both of you. I didn't get the impression it was anything as revolutionary as the Nevro to be honest but you might be right.

Unfortunately for me I don't get to blame my fattiness on my thyroid lol, I had it checked in March. I'm just a fatty. I lost 4 stones before my last surgery and gained nearly two back still on the diet just from being laid up lol. I've lost a little this last couple of months thanks to coming off Lyrica which had made me pile it on - I gained a dress size in a month!

Carbs are my weak point - I did the Atkins diet many moons ago and it made me go into a cycle of migraines and kidney problems that was pretty awful. That said, I loosely follow a GI style plan and that doesn't hit quite as hard although I have to be careful to eat enough carbs not to get the headaches. I have to be careful with sugars anyway as it is as my identical twin sister is diabetic (as are my parents as of this year, despite being slim and active) and I don't want that happening to me. As of this month I am nowhere near even pre-diabetes so I am happy with that. I'm not happy that my cholesterol is creeping up and so is my blood pressure (problems with both run in the family)!!

It would be so much easier if they would clear me for some exercise. I was swimming 4 times a week and doing beginner's tai chi before my last op and have not been allowed since. I got a bit of hydrotherapy and pilates through the NHS two years ago but nothing since, not even physio. At first the excuse was they wanted to make sure I wasn't damaging myself by getting me an MRI and now that's relatively clear they want me to hold back on any exercise until I've been pacing long term. It's really frustrating. Especially seeing as as of next week I'll be in a bloomin wheelchair at least part of the time. I'm going to have to get really strict with the diet as it's the only way to fix this. My metabolism must be going at a snail's pace!
KathyUK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (07-11-2013), Mark56 (07-06-2013), Rrae (07-09-2013)