View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 02:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Update and concern about sinus

Hi Bryanna
Thanks a lot for your reply.
The pain is better today, so I didn’t go to see the oral surgeon.

About the sinus.
During the consultation before the extraction (tooth #14), I did ask the OS about the sinus situation. He said the root doesn’t look like growing into the sinus cavity from the panoramic x-ray. He said the infection was not very obvious and at least very localized. I also told him that during the root canal treatment (between May and June, 2013), I got very bad sinus infection . Is there any way to repair the perforation? He mentioned something (I forgot the name) that can be used to repair the perforation.
The extraction was on the next morning (July 2, 2013). Before the extraction, I asked him again about the sinus. He said “we will see”. The extraction was fast (less than 3 minutes). I don’t think he did anything else other than extracting the tooth. After the surgery, I asked him whether any root is in the sinus cavity and he said no. I expressed my worry about the sinus infection again. He put me on Z-pack. This OS is referred by a holistic dentist and supposed to be a reputable one. But I really don’t know now whether he took care of my sinus issue or not.
I still feel some pressure around the sinus area 4 days after the extraction. Sometimes the pain starts from the extraction site and penetrates to the sinus area. I am very concerned now after reading some posts here. I have a follow up appointment with the OS next Tuesday. Is there anything I should ask the OS about? What else should I do? Could you please let me know?
Thank you very much
Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Grace,

Did the oral surgeon say anything about a sinus communciation when he extracted the tooth?

Also, the site had to be infected ... perhaps it wasn't as bad as he anticipated. I wish dentists would inform patients better....:/

An extraction site that starts to hurt or has increased pain on the 3rd to 4th day needs to be seen by the oral surgeon. It could be the onset of a dry socket. If you wake up tomorrow and it feels good, then no need to worry. If it hurts like the dickens, go see him.

You don't have a good tolerance to antibiotics because you don't have a healthy balance of bacteria in your intestines. In addition to that, antibiotics kill off the good and bad bacteria in the intestines. So it is imperative to have an abundant supply good bacteria entering your intestinal tract on a daily basis. You need to supplement with a probiotic twice a day for at least the next few months to try and replace the good bacteria. It is also imperative to cut out all forms of sugar and processed foods in your diet because the bad bacteria thrive on those things.

I am sorry you are going through this. Please see the OS if it does not feel better tomorrow and please do what you can to restore the good bacteria.

Keep us informed on how you're doing!
Bryanna
Grace123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote