View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 01:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Just had more blood work drawn again this morning. I should have the results on Monday. I think I will be heading to a hematologist. I just got the manual CBC differential and it said there were a moderate amount of spherocytes. I looked that up and it means an auto-immune hemolytic anemia. Finally something someone will treat hopefully. I still have not had a call back from the neurologist. Even the GP did not mention anything about the spherocytes. I will call on Monday and get them to release the blood test and get a referral to a hematologist. If the hemoglobin is under 10, I will go to the ER.

Nobody is treating the CMV and I am not sure if I should be worried. CMV is only a concern in pregnant women or immunosuppressed patients like me on high dose steroids. It is suppose to be treated by anti-viral meds in immuno-compromised patients. I will pursue that on Monday too.

Just for reference when you have a bad reaction to IVIG, who treats the problem, your GP or the neuro that ordered the IVIG?

Besides Joe, has anyone developed a hemolytic anemia?

thanks
kathie
cait24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote