View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 02:56 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop View Post
Ok, I had a L&I lawyer before, for the first claim. He didn't think I had a case, but I guess he could be mistaken. As for LTD, I did get my claim approved. I was thinking SSDI would help, in that I would have some sort of health insurance once I separate from my work place. Even though they will deduct any funds I get from SS - I know I can't net more than the amount I get now.

The staff at first told me that don't help with long term disability - but it's the only type of disability insurance my employer offers. The surgeons nurse said it's against their policy to assist with disability claims. I think much of their spiel is to try to get people to give up & go away. I didn't, I stood firm & told him that this was the policy I had payed into for years and now it is time I need it, it should be there for me. He had an assistant fill out the paperwork & it did get approved. I am mad at him but I know that much of the grief I've gone through is not from him personally being a jerk - he's operating under the policies of the clinic that employs him. It's a huge network & and they are just very pro-business.

I've worked with many of these neurosurgeons back when they were residents, I thought I knew who all was a jerk in the business - but have found that the ones who are nice to the nurses they work with may not be so nice once you are a patient. Seattle is a decent sized town. I will stay out of the surgeon's hospital system who did my 2nd surgery - would have gone back to surgeon #1 but moved thousands of miles away.
Your LTD policy may require you to apply for SSDI within a certain period of time. Call them. They often provide an attorney or a service to help you apply at their expense. (This is an advantage IMO, because a normal applicant can only pay for such services out of backpay, ths setting up an incentive to stall the process.)

So, essentially, your interest is for Medicare. Research Spplement plans as well...

Last edited by LIT LOVE; 07-07-2013 at 01:33 AM.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote