View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 06:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Anytime you take...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkirtw View Post
When I took pain meds (percocetts) for my pain management not only did it not help with the burning tingling pain but it made me into an addict. I'm not saying that narcotics wont help anyone, this was only my personal experience. I do hope you get some relief, stick in there..
...narcotics you will become addicted to them. Of this there is no doubt. So when you are going to stop taking them you will need to go through a protocol of decreasing doses and a period of medically supervised withdrawal. If you are taking narcotics under a doctors supervision and following the administration recommendations you interact fine in your daily responsibilities, interactions, etc. You can go on indefinitely without any adverse affects although you may need your MD to increase the dose periodically.

The problem with narcotics are when you abuse them, i.e, start taking them other than as presribed or have no regular access to them when you are likely to experience withdrawal and increasing act irregular in order to procure more drugs.

So yes, you do get addicted to narcotics.

Mike
amike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote