View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 10:21 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hoping,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. I'll try my best at responding to your post and questions even though it is difficult for me to read the long paragraph. Your pain behind the right ear is likely an upper neck issue. I see you tried a chiro. Most chiro's use treatments that can be too aggressive for this kind of an injury. Plus, a chiro adjustment is just the start. You also need to do home therapy including icing and disciplined posture behaviors to prevent exacerbating this injury during sleep and rest.

This tender spot is usually muscle spasms caused by the upper neck injury and related inflammation.

Have you read the Vitamins sticky at the top ?

The Formula 303 description looks odd. How can a homeopathic remedy be maximum strength ? Plus, the "proven relief for" sounds to be in violation of FDA regulations. The usual way to dance around FDA regs is to say "Reduces the symptoms of ........" Any time I see these claims without FDA approval, I question the product. F 303 is awful expensive for a homeopathic compound that means it has almost no measurable amount of the 'active' ingredient.

Most homeopathic remedies list the dilution factor. Arnica, a popular anti-inflammatory is diluted to equal one "molecule" of Arnica in an Olympic size swimming pool of water.

I suggest you get going with the full vitamin and supplement regimen or something similar and ice and protect your neck.

The fact that you have had 3 previous concussions suggests you may be suffering from Multiple Impact Syndrome, an accumulation of injuries that combine to make your brain and body struggle even more to recover. Each concussion causes more damage from the same level of impact force and it further limits the rate and top side potential of recovery.

You may need to put your return to intense exercise on a slow hold. You may be able to slowly introduce exercise then slowly build the intensity of effort. Do a search on this forum for Buffalo protocol to read the basic of their system for returning to intense physical activity. You can also Google "Buffalo concussion" but their web site does not necessarily describe the process as simply as those here who have researched or even be through the Buffalo protocol.

I am surprised that your are in settlement negotiations when you are still so symptomatic. I hope you get a good settlement.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote