View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 08:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Responding since my name was used . . .

Hi Jim and soccertese

I am not joining this conversation to take a side, but I just want to make certain that what we post in these forums is done so with a sincere attitude of wanting to help someone struggling with Parkinson disease.

This has been repeated so many times that its sickening, but I will say it one more time - EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT as relates to PD symptoms. The only consistency I have found is this:
  • People dx with PD have 2-3 of the cardinal symptoms of PD over a period of several weeks that cannot be attributable to anything else (those 4 cardinal symptoms are: resting tremor, Extreme rigidity, bradykinesia (extreme slowness), and postural difficulty (balance)
  • No matter what side effects you may experience, dopamine replacement therapy gives some kind of relief of these symptoms
  • Not everyone experiences side effects due to PD meds significant enough to affect quality of life (QOL)
  • . Don't ever suggest that a specific therapy answers all problems. It doesn't, hasn't ever, and never will!

This forum is to provide support. It is "owned" by its users. Some of us have been posting here and migrated from BrainTalk over a decade ago. We tend to become defensive if it remotely appears that the forum members are being taken advantage of (especially with salespeople trying to push their product)

We are a team once our sincerity is established. By nature we will attack (sometimes even viciously) if we spot anyone appearing to prey upon our condition for the express purpose of profit.

Good luck on coming to consensus. And if you are a fake, I strongly advise you to pack up your bags (and product) and RUN! LOL
Peg

PS - arguing usually accomplishes nothing, and may run some needy people away. How about a BIG virtual hug?
pegleg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
aab45 (07-21-2013), olsen (07-07-2013), RLSmi (07-13-2013)