View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 08:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default symptoms - friend or foe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
as duopopa shows, if you can keep the blood level of l-dopa fairly constant you reduce the side affects and increase the on time. this has been known for years. so that seems more important than the doseage. before carbidopa, they were dosing people over 10mg of l-do.

Western medicine seems to demonize illness....suppressingg symptoms being the goal. Then there are vaccinations - take a toxin into our blood (in nature we receive virus through our epithelial linings not our blood) to "protect" us from the potential evil iinvader......so what is wrong with this picture? The illusion that we have ~control.

What if we viewed our symptoms as a healthy response? Take for example fever...granted, a very high fever sustained for too long is dangerous...however, the immune system is responding in its attempt to deal with virus. The question becomes, how can we support an immune system attempting to achieve balance.

In homeopathy we sometimes wait until symptoms return before repeating doseage of a remedy. Sometimes this is appropriate , others perhaps not. When it comes to sinemet I'm very conservative about taking any that may not be necessary for concern of oversaturating .....receptor beds. I have no studies to reference this feeling....only my experience in raisiing children and copiing with my own condition. Are there any studies that are beyond reproach? Gospel truth? hmmmmm

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
olsen (07-07-2013)